Habits of Successful People...
Successful people lead their lives with empowering habits. Success is a direct result of conscious choices and healthy habits. Here are some habits that successful people share in common:
1. Success is Not Defined With Money. Most successful people define their success with happiness, inner peace, and positive contributions ÂÂÂÂ– more than money. Being financially secure certainly can help open opportunities, relieve stress, and offer some piece of mind but successful people realize that all the money in the world cannot make you happy if you are unable to feel happiness from within.
2. Successful People Start The Day With a Purpose. Not only do successful people have clear short and long-term goals, they also know exactly what they must accomplish each day to feel fulfilled as well as bring them closer to their goals. They also take full advantage of the "Golden Hour" which is the first hour after you wake up in the morning. What you do mentally, physically, and spiritually during this first hour, sets the tone for the entire day.
3. Surround Yourself With Positive People. There is energy in everything, and that includes human beings. As such, it's fairly easy to absorb negative energy when you are around toxic people who are always complaining, procrastinating, and making excuses. Instead, successful people surround themselves with other positive and proactive people who inspire them to achieve great things.
4. Focus on the Positive. Successful people don't entertain self-defeating negative thoughts. When faced with difficulties, they're quick to identify the benefits from the experience and remind themselves they've successfully overcome many hurdles before, so they can certainly overcome it again. Successful people don't focus on what "could" go wrong, but on what they must do to succeed, as well as the lessons they will gain from the experience to help improve their lives.
5. Don't Dwell on Past Failures. A good salesperson once told me "Don't let the last sale ruin your next sale". Success is determined not by how many times you fall, but by how many times you get up. Failure is part of life, it is how you react that makes the difference. Successful people accept failure as an essential part of growth. They look at these bumps on the road as opportunities to learn, grow, and become better.
6. Set Your Own Values, Goals and Principles. Successful people do not base their worth on how others think of them because they've set their own values, goals, and principles without having to depend on anyone else to validate them. As such, successful people understand that when someone makes a judgment about you or your life, it doesn't make it a reality unless you agree with it.
7. Don't Make Excuses. Successful people get things done. While they realize outside forces may interrupt their flow, successful people take full responsibility for the attitude they choose in situations over which they have no control. They look forward to the pleasure and benefits of accomplishing their daily tasks and life goals and they do whatever it takes to avoid the pain of falling through and giving up success.
8. Motivation Not Jealously. Successful people believe there is room at the top for everyone. In order to be happy, you must wish happiness to others. If another person succeeds at something you have not yet been able to achieve, successful people observe, learn and get motivated without belittling someone else's success.
9. Don't Take Your Loved Ones for Granted. Successful people agree that work is important, but never as important as experiencing life with the people you love most. Success starts from within, so make time to give your undivided attention to those who mean most to you ÂÂÂÂ– including yourself !
10. Time for Fun. What's the point of life if you don't have time to enjoy it ? Successful people recharge their batteries by enjoying all the things life has to offer right now.
11. Health is a Priority. You need to be mentally, physically and emotionally healthy to reach your goals. With good health comes the freedom and energy to fully enjoy one's life.
12. Set Defined Goals. Successful people set clear, specific, and measurable goals. Knowing exactly what you want to achieve keeps a person motivated until you reach your goal.
13. Do Not Play the Victim. Successful people quickly free themselves from any negative thoughts and feelings which may cause an emotional drain on the mind or body. Successful people place a high priority on their right to happiness and inner peace, and understand they have complete control of their thoughts and actions, and ultimately responsible for their own happiness and victories.
14. Embrace Change. Life is change and change is life. Successful people will change their approach, strategy and thinking quickly because they know there is more than one way to reach their goal.
15. Always Be Grateful. Successful people are always grateful for the big and small blessings in their lives.
Lastly, and most importantly, in order to be successful, no matter what type of success you seek, whether economically, professionally or otherwise, you must place GOD first and let him and his principles be your guiding light ... the rest is easy.
Never Give Up,
Founder + Owner